Nishtah Sharma Thomas
Graphic & Web Designer, Social Media Manager, Journalist
I am a creative, driven, and outgoing 23 year old with a variety of talents! Pursuing my passion for Graphic Design, Web Design, Social Media Management, and Journalism.
April 2020 - Present
- Designed brand: logo and font
- Set up and currently maintain website
- Set up social media accounts
- Handle promotional material
- Web design and social media consulting for Tetralync clients.
2016 - Present
- Created and edited personal website
- Created own personal brand
- Actively write and on blog on the site maintaining a large subscriber base
February 2021 - May 2021
Editor and Creative Consultant
- Updated website: worked on usability and implementation of new features.
- Updated and uniformed branding.
- Created content for social media.
- Created and ran marketing campaigns
June 2020 - March 2021
Social Media and Marketing Consultant
- Worked directly with authors to promote their books
- Set up social media accounts, sent out press releases, created promotional material including graphics and gifs.
- Managed online advertising campaigns on social media and Amazon.
- Ran all of Emerald’s social media accounts.
Fall 2018 - Spring 2019
Secretary of the South Asian Students Association
Wake Forest University
- Managed social media and website
- Took minutes during every Executive Board meeting.
- Helped manage our budget and organize events.
- Was a leader in the community creating a space for South Asian Students.
March 2020 - December 2021
Associate of Arts Degree in Communications
(Central Oregon Community College)
Attended Wake Forest University in North Carolina for a total of 1 year
Thinking Beyond Borders Global Gap Year Class of 2018
Graduated with honors from Bend Senior High School Class of 2016 with an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma and a 4.0 GPA
- Website implementation and design
- Numerous art mediums both digitally and physically
- Social media & website visibility and management
- Blogging and basic news writing
- Microsoft Office
- Google Drive programs
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Interpersonal communication
Display of my Work:
Other Employment History
Server, Bartender, and Head Hostess
- La Rosa Mexican Restaurant, Northwest Crossing
- April 2019 – October 2020, October 2021 – Present
- Pastini Pastaria, Old Mill
- May 2021 – September 2021
- Cafe Yumm! Old Mill
- April 2018 – June 2018
- Mantra Indian Kitchen
- May 2017 – September 2017
- Aspen Ridge Retirement Community
- April 2017 – June 2017
- Bennington Properties in Sunriver Oregon
- July 2016
Relevant Course Work
Journalism: News Reporting and Writing
Fundamentals of Public Speaking
Math education through Advanced, IB Calculus
Five years of Advanced English
Religions & Anthropology
Intro to Graphic Design
Seven years of Spanish, including immersion.
Six years of Advanced Chemistry and Biology.
Internship, VOLUNTEER, and LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
The company that runs 1859, 1889, and Ontrak Magazines
- April 2018 – July 2018 and June – July 2015
I wrote articles for 1889 and 1859 websites. Learned basic code and helped upload articles from both 1859 Magazine and Ontrak Magazine onto each website.
Camp Tamarack Outdoor School
- April-May 2015
Taught 5th graders fire ecology. Was in charge of 7 fifth grade girls for 3 days and 2 nights.
Student Climate and Conservation Congress
- Summers of 2014 and 2013
A week long conference in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Empowered outstanding high school students to design conservation projects that they can take back to their communities after the week is over.
Bend Senior High School JV Soccer
- Fall 2014
Organized practices, team runs, and team bonding activities.
Oregon Fish and Wildlife
- July 2014
Helped collect data to determine the impact that certain invasive species had on specific Oregon environments.
- November-December 2014
For 3 hours per week, cleaned cat cages and litter boxes, swept and mopped floors, fed and socialized cats.